Sunday 11 July 2010

The Start of Monkey-Moo-Wriggly-Roo


So, where to start?
My Monkey-Moo-Wriggly-Roo other wise known as Eva Nancy Tait, born 26th February 2010.
Born to me,Hannah and my husband, Adam in Hospital Del Mar, Barcelona.
What a wonderful little girl! Wriggly, loud and wonderful.

Having decided that we would like to sail to Greece in our sailboat and go about conceiving a baby whilst swinging at anchor in crystal blue waters, we got pregnant on the first go whilst still in Port Olimpic marina in Barcelona. Fab!

Of course we did not know straight away and so duly set off on our trip, finally leaving Barcelona after 5 years of trying to. We were on our way to Greece, and we were so excited. However, having gone 20 miles down the coast and got as far a Vilanova and then returned to Port Ginesta, Casteldefells to do some boat work, we discovered, due to sore boobs, that I was, infact, pregnant.
A time of great joy, but also a little bit of "but we're not in Greece yet, I can't be pregnant. Isn't it supposed to take a while to get pregnant?" But there you have it, Greece or not my dream had come true, I was having a baby!
Phone calls to parents ensued, Grandparents to be who were really excited for us and for themselves.
My mum put in an order for a little girl, she already had a grandson and so obviously wanted the set. But, although I had a preference for a little girl before I was pregnant now that I was expecting any baby that was happy and healthy was all that mattered.
The decision was made to return to Barcelona. Things like work and hospital care were suddenly important, as was not having to deal with morning sickness whilst sailing and suffering from sea sickness as well.
We stayed in Port Ginesta for a couple of weeks longer, having a bit of a holiday and getting used to the idea that out trip was off and we had a baby on the way. It was hot and I did indeed have morning sickness, and although I was never actually sick I did get pretty close. Looking at food was really hard for a while, which of course is difficult if you have to eat.
The trip back to Barcelona confirmed that continuing on our trip would have been a mistake, I spent the whole journey down stairs feeling not so great, and the sea was practically flat, so not too much sea sickness to be had.

So, back in Barcelona, and to life as it was before with a little added extra.


No comments:

Post a Comment