Sunday 11 July 2010

Back in Barcelona

Once back in Barcelona we went to midwife appointments, organised and started working and I went ot antenatal classes. In December we moved off the boat and back into the flat which was great, toiletry needs had increased and getting on and off the boat was becoming increasingly more difficult.

I had a good, easy and relaxed pregnancy, I put on the approximate right amount of weight, having had to stop eatting doughnuts and chocolate on orders from my midwife (Shame, I really like chocolate), and although I was obviously pregnant I did not get really big. Most people thought I was about 6 months gone when, infact, I was about to drop.













At 12 weeks we a had a scan and there he/she/it was wriggling all over the place. Hence the nickname "Wriggles". Eva has continued to live up to her nickname.

At the 20 week scan they were able to tell us we were expecting a little girl. We were thrilled!

We had another scan at week 32 and all was well.
At the end of the pregnancy I had to go in for thrice weekly monitoring sessions when they checked the babies heart beat etc. A great way to make sure that all is well and to reassure the mummy to be that the baby is still alive. It is a worry as they stop moving so much as they have very reduced space.

Eva was 5 days late. She was due on the 21st of February, which was the day both her grandfathers were born. Having missed that any day was fine by me. I was bored and uncomfortable. I had given up work a week before I was due and I was itching for the baby to be born. I wanted to see what she looked like.





No comments:

Post a Comment